Pepe The Great: 11/03/2009 - 16/10/2010
So tomorrow will be one week since the horrible incident
And I miss her so so so much with all my heart
I miss the way she walked, the way she smelt, the way she loved having her belly rubbed
The way she always did that crazy victory breakdance after she pooped
The way she’d stretch and then wipe her mouth on the lounge and in recent months, her towel after she was done eating
The way she used to comfort me when I was down
The way she loved to go out, but always wanted to go home straight away
How she loved raw mango
How she used to follow me so closely like my shadow
How she taught herself to stand up as though to ask to be picked up
How she loved to bask in the sun in the backyard
She was curious and playful but never ever naughty
And whenever she sensed that she was in danger, she’d run and hide under the dining table
And whenever she sensed that we were in danger, she’d run to our aid – or at least to stickybeak!
She was such a tame dog, barely ever barked, she was timid, and shy and kind
When she was bullied by visiting kids or babies, she never growled or bit – she used to run to her corner and cry
She had asthma attacks which used to scare us so badly, I was always scared I’d lose her and was so protective of her
I miss how we would occasionally argue when she was sulky – I’d say something to her and she used to whimper back at me
She used to climb on mum's shoulder on the couch and make noises as though she was conversing
I miss how she hung out with me every morning without fail – how she occasionally slept in and how I watched her jolt awake and run to me when she realised…
And on days when I was late for work and forgot to go get her, she’d stick her head in my door as though to say “Hello!!?! Remember me?”
And when I came home late, she’d always make an effort to greet me, even though at times she barely made it to the door before collapsing into deep sleep
How she waited patiently to use the bathroom when there was someone in the shower, and waited patiently in the morning for her food
She caught cockroaches and lined them up for my mum
And she loved the colour red, her favourite toy, her favourite jumper were both red
And how she used to be so protective over them, guarding them with both her paws and her head
I remember when she discovered lychees and used to pinch them from the offerings alter and peel them then eat them
She loved fruit and often sniffed the fruit at the alter. Fruit and vegies were her favourite and when she couldn’t finish them, she’d hide them under her mattress for later!
From day one, she hated photos
From day one she often took off her jumper on her own! In the Winter time, we’d put a baby bonds singlet on her under her jumper and she looked so cute
Her first haircut was a fail, they put bows on her and she hated it, and left her with no hair and we couldn’t recognise her, when they dropped her off mum said "that's not my dog" but it was and she was an ugly cute for awhile, we still loved her heaps... the second time I told them to make sure they left it a bit longer and the third time I cut her fur myself! Because we couldn’t bear to have her away from us for so long. She was so good and still.
She was such a clown and a dag, she was quirky and she was ours!!
When she was spayed at 6 months, the vet doped her up so much that she was high for days, she was such a little dog and she mozied around for days, when we went to visit her after her operation, she was so drugged out she couldn't lift her head, mum and i cried to see her like that and amidst all that, she wagged her tail violently as though to tell us it was all ok...
on her deathbed, she tried to get up to greet me when she saw me, but her neck was broken and too far gone, i wish i could have protected her, my baby, my best mate...
We loved her so much, she always managed to make us smile even amidst pain
She was our sunshine, and will remain so forever in our hearts.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home